English for Life
Truly international classes
Flexible start dates
The ideal course to develop your English language skills
This course is tailored to help international students develop their English grammar and vocabulary alongside their reading, writing, listening and speaking. Levels range from elementary to advanced, so whatever your current level, we have the right course for you.?Our personalised language programme helps you make the maximum progress in the shortest possible time.
Teaching is excellent and promotes successful learning – ISI PFE March 2019
Key facts: English for Life
|Level:?||from elementary (CEF A1) to advanced (CEF C2)|
|Class size:||maximum 12|
|Lessons:?||24 English lessons (19.25 hours) are taught Mon – Fri|
|Tuition Fees:?||starting from ￡369 per week|
|Accommodation:||college residence?or homestay|
|Course structure:||view our sample timetable|
|Course content:?||our teaching approach follows a Theme of the Week|
Become more fluent and confident with English for Life
The key benefits include:
- Small international classrooms
- Oxford: our location in the famous academic city of Oxford will complement your study experience
- Build confidence in reading, writing, listening and speaking for professional, academic or personal reasons
- Flexible study programme: you can start at any time throughout the year at any level
- Personal tutor: to support you on your individual learning goals
- Varied activity programme:?we have an exciting and full excursion programme with a range of activities for you to chose from
- An international experience: develop life-long friendships and expand your networks with peers from over 20 countries
- Academic experience: we are accredited by the British Council (BC) and the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) for the teaching of English
- Quality teaching: we have experience in teaching English to non-native speakers for over 60 years
- Only an hour from London by train: Oxford has a good geographic location
- Innovative study programme: we take learning beyond the classroom with regular study visits to places of cultural and historic interest within Oxford. Our unique approach is based on a Theme of the Week will keep learning engaged and focused.
Term dates, accommodation and prices
Please follow the links below:
Personal Language Training:
Students can add one-to-one English language lessons to their language classes. Lessons last 55 minutes and are charged at ￡57 per lesson.
Fees for the following examinations are currently between approximately ￡150 -￡210.
B2 First (FCE)
C1 Advanced (CAE)
C2 Proficiency (CPE)
Optional college weekend trips / theatre visits / excursions, etc:
Day excursions at weekends — free to ￡40
Theatre tickets and transport — ￡25 to ￡45
Weekend trip with overnight stay (two nights) — ￡70 to ￡300
Additional sports and other activities — ￡10 to ￡15 per week
Stationery/book purchase (loan of books is included in fees)
General spending money — allow a minimum of ￡80 per week
Bus travel: single trip from ￡2.00; 1 week ￡14.50; 4 week 49.00
St Clare’s sweatshirt ￡20
Please note: Prices are approximate please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Please fill in this form to submit an enquiry about our English for Life course.
You may also wish to get in touch to arrange a campus tour or find out what it is like to live and study in the city of Oxford.